1. Eligibility Requirements
To be eligible to participate in a PRIDE Institute Training Program, you must:
- Be a research-oriented junior-level faculty member holding a doctoral degree, such as a PhD, MD, DO, DVM or transitioning post-doctorate trainee
- If you have been awarded grants such as an R01 you will not be considered junior-level faculty. You may have been awarded these grants and still be considered junior.
- Have a background that is underrepresented in the biomedical or health sciences
- Be a Citizen or Permanent Resident of the United States
- Have a research focus that is centered on heart, lung, blood, or sleep disorders research; health disparities research relevant to heart, lung, blood, or sleep disorders; or relevant research methodologies and approaches specific to these areas
- Career tracking for up to ten years after training is completed
- Has not attended a previous PRIDE/SIPID cohort
Transitioning means that you have or will have received a formal faculty appointment by the time the Summer Institute Program convenes and no longer be supported on a training grant.
2. Complete and submit the PRIDE Pre-Application Form
If you meet the eligibility criteria for PRIDE participation we will ask for a full PRIDE Application Form that includes:
- Current CV and/or Biosketch
- Two letters of reference
- Department Chair
- Separate one-page summaries of:
- Your educational and research background
- Brief overview of your research plans
- Your research interests
- Additional site specific requests
Pre-Applications for Summer 2022 are now open.
Your application will be forwarded to the appropriate program site for review. You will be notified of its status. If you do not meet the eligibility criteria for PRIDE participation, we will contact you within two weeks of receiving your pre-application. If you are unsure of your eligibility go ahead and fill out a pre-application and we will get back to you.
For further information, email the PRIDE Coordination Core, or directly contact the Summer Institute Training Program of your choice.