1. Eligibility Requirements
To be eligible to participate in a PRIDE Summer Institute Training Program, you must:
- Be a research-oriented junior-level faculty member holding a doctoral degree, such as a PhD, MD, DO, DVM or transitioning post-doctorate trainee
- Have a background that is underrepresented in the biomedical or health sciences
- Be a Citizen or Permanent Resident of the United States
- Have a research focus that is centered on heart, lung, blood, or sleep disorders research; health disparities research relevant to heart, lung, blood, or sleep disorders; or relevant research methodologies and approaches specific to these areas
- Career tracking for up to ten years after training is completed
- Has not attended a previous PRIDE/SIPID cohort
Transitioning means that you have or will have received a formal faculty appointment by the time the Summer Institute Program convenes.
2. Complete and submit the PRIDE Pre-Application Form
If you meet the eligibility criteria for PRIDE participation we will ask for a full PRIDE Application Form that includes:
- Current CV and/or Biosketch
- Two letters of reference
- Department Chair
- Separate one-page summaries of:
- Your educational and research background
- Your research interests
- Additional site specific requests
Your application will be forwarded to the appropriate program site for review. You will be notified of its status. If you do not meet the eligibility criteria for PRIDE participation, we will contact you within two weeks of receiving your pre-application. If you are unsure of your eligibility go ahead and fill out a pre-application and we will get back to you.
PRIDE is no longer accepting applications. Next possible dates will be in Summer 2019. Please fill out this form if you would like to be contacted when applications are available.
For further information, email the PRIDE Coordination Core, or directly contact the Summer Institute Training Program of your choice.